- April 2018
- Signalling Contractor
The purpose of the project as to remove two Insulated Rail Joints (IRJs) at a pedestrian crossing in metropolitan Melbourne. McLeod Rail self-performed all associated rail tasks including but not limited to the supply if resources, preparation of management plans and surveying. The scope of the works is as follows:
- Provide a Safeworking plan and associated resources for the duration of the works
- Remove existing track equipment cables.
- Cut out and remove the IRJ’s, and replace with rail closures to the appropriate standards.
- Reinstate track bed where disturbed to appropriate standard
- Provide track certification resource(s) as appropriate for the Certificate of train running